Starry-eyed Optimism

In a grandiose attempt to improve both myself and my world, I've hopped onto the 101/1001 bandwagon. Marvel as I attempt to complete 101 goals in 1001 days. I will do it, if not through sheer determination, but because of the entertainment factor.

Monday, July 31, 2006

#90: Visit Mackinac Island

Joe wanted to celebrate my 24th birthday in a special way. He wanted to make it my best birthday yet. The way that he figured it would be the most memorable? By removing me from my comfy bed and placing me in the middle of the woods for a weekend of camping.

I am not an outdoor-sy kind of girl. I love the indoors. It would take a lot to get me to agree to sleeping in a tent on the hard ground on my birthday weekend. Because I really love my bed. And my air conditioning.

Joe knew the magic words though. "We'll visit Mackinac Island!"

And with that I packed my essentials (which included makeup and my curling iron, FYI) and spent the weekend in a tent on the hard ground. Because we spent all of Saturday on beautiful Mackinac Island, treading along the shorelines, sampling many different kinds of fudge and bar-hopping from pub to pub with reunited friends.

It was my best birthday ever.

Joe and I on the shores of Mackinac Island

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home