Starry-eyed Optimism

In a grandiose attempt to improve both myself and my world, I've hopped onto the 101/1001 bandwagon. Marvel as I attempt to complete 101 goals in 1001 days. I will do it, if not through sheer determination, but because of the entertainment factor.

Friday, November 03, 2006

#98: learn a poker face and bluff my way through one game

It is no secret that I suck at lying. It is physically impossible for me to lie. Really! If I lie I start to giggle. It's like I'm thinking in my head "hehehehee! I'm totally lying and getting away with it! I am soooo good!"

Thus, the giggling begins. And the jig is then up.

The point of this goal was to see if I could even do this. I didn't think that I could. And neither did half of my friends.

On Halloween night, a rambunctios game of poker began, starring Becky, Chris (Becky's other half), Sarah, Lisa and I. It started with a challenge from Chris to me. He didn't think that I could win a hand against him.

This time when I lied? My thought process went like this: "don't smile don't smile don't smile and do NOT GIGGLE. You. Can. Do. This. Go girl!"

Three very good hands and three quarters of the chips later, he folded, I won my fourth hand against him and raked in the whole lot.

Mission very well accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home