Starry-eyed Optimism

In a grandiose attempt to improve both myself and my world, I've hopped onto the 101/1001 bandwagon. Marvel as I attempt to complete 101 goals in 1001 days. I will do it, if not through sheer determination, but because of the entertainment factor.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

#71: Attend a Wine Tasting

I am a big fan of wine. I think it tastes splendid and I like collecting the pretty wine bottles. (And we'll just keep the fact that I may or may not select wine based on the bottles our little secret.) However, I don't know a lot about wine or how it's made or what exactly the different flavors are.

That changed one sunny fall afternoon when Chrissy and I embarked on a journey to Uncle John's Cider Mill. While it's called a cider mill, there is a fabulously cute winery hidden in one of the barns there. And that is why we went--not for cider but for alcohol. As did many other people because there was a line to taste the fruits. But it was well worth it.

Our bartender explained the differences in red and white, dry and sweet. I stuck to the white wines since they weren't as dry, but Chrissy sampled reds and whites, dries and sweet. All were so good. The best was an apple wine with a touch of cinnamon; it was a perfect fall wine. We each took home a bottle as a souvenir as well as new-found knowledge and appreciation of the art that is wine-making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home